Breastfeeding Seashells, 100% Natural Nipple Protectors
NIPPLE SOOTHERS FROM THE SEA
European Mums - especially French - have been using breastfeeding Seashells for the past few years and are absolutely IN LOVE with them!
Our beautiful Seashells come from the bottom of the South Pacific Oceans and are manually selected, hand polished and paired here, in Australia. Lots of care and love are going into this artisanal work!
The nacre inside the Seashells (also called mother-of-pearl ) is a powerful natural healer and will help preventing nipple cracks, irritation, hyper-sensitivity caused by breastfeeding. In Europe, seashells are now commonly recommended as a treatment for sore nipples by midwives and lactation consultants.
The soft touch of mother-of-pearl provides an immediate sensation of freshness and relief, very soothing for the mum after a breasfeeding session. We recommend to express a couple of breastmillk drops inside the shells to accelerate the healing process if needed - this creates a natural "milk dressing" highly recommended by midwives and lactation consultants.
You can also preventively apply our Eco Baby Planet nipple balm before putting your seashells on.
The shells can be worn with or without breast pads inside your bra, however we do recommend to use breast pads on top to avoid any leakage incident and to help maintaining them in place inside your bra. Our Eco Baby Planet reusable pads are large and thin, and have successfully been tested on top of the breastfeeding shells.
100% eco-friendly and biodegradable, the breastfeeding Seashells are washable (see care instructions) and reusable as long as you need. They come in a linen pouch, in a 100% eco-friendly packaging (zero plastic).
Please note: because Sea Shells are a natural product, they all come in different size, colour and shape. Some may have small irregularities, and your pair might not be of the same colour/patterns, that's totally normal!
We recommend that you choose your size based on the size of your areola (the pigmented area surrounding the nipple), at the beggining of your 9th month of pregnancy, or after baby is born.
For Small and Medium size, you can choose a shell a little wider than your areola, however bear in mind that the larger the shell is, the heavier it gets (especially size L).
It is NOT necessary for the shell to cover the entire areola.
- SMALL: Areola under 5cm
- MEDIUM: Areola between 5 and 7cm
- BIG: Areola 7cm and above
Mother-of-pearl lined shells feel cool and soft on breastfeeding nipples, providing immediate relief.
Drops of breast milk retained in the seashells have anti-bacterial properties that help soothe dry and cracked nipples.
The seashells stay comfortably in place, creating a barrier between you and your bra or breast pads, limiting rubbing or sticking.
CARE AND USER INSTRUCTIONS
- Wash before first use, then regularly with water with a mild soap and rinse well with clear water.
- Do not boil the shells and do not leave cleaning products in them.
- The breastfeeding shell should be used on healthy skin.
- Do not sleep with them and avoid wearing them all day, as this might cause too much pressure on the breast leading to blocked ducts.
- In case of cracks or any kind of fungal infections, consult quickly with your midwife or health professional who can determine the cause and help you treat it. It is important to adopt a good position when you breastfeed to prevent the risk of cracks.
- Remove the shell and wash your nipples before breastfeeding your baby.
- Do not use if you are allergic to mother-of-pearl or shellfish.
- Do not use if they are damaged.
- Do not leave within reach of baby and children.